New / Remodel Plan Review Envoronmental Health Services (Guides & Applications)
Otter Tail County
All plumbing plans must be submitted to the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry. Contact your local building officials for any city requirements or permits. A satisfactory plumbing plan and inspection is a critical component of the plan review process and required prior to licensing.
Download the Plan Review Process Flow for Food Service, Lodging, Camps, Mobile
The applicant for a variance shall be the party to whom the rule applies.
1) Using the Variance Request Form available from the Health Department, the requesting party shall submit the completed form with the appropriate fee. A request shall contain:
1. The specified language in the rule or rules from which the variance is requested;
2. The reasons why the rule cannot be met;
3. The alternative measure that will be taken to ensure a comparable degree of protection to health or the environment if a variance is granted;
4. The length of time for which the variance is requested;
5. A statement that the party applying for the variance will comply with the terms of the variance, if granted; and
6. Other relevant information the regulatory authority determines necessary to properly evaluate the request for the variance.
2) The Health Department criteria will always be to have no adverse effect on public health, safety or the environment.
A designated board with regulatory authority will review and make determinations on variance requests. The board members will consist of: